Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Madness Marriage

It's my anniversary today.  I have now been married to Juan longer than I was alive before we met.  I have pretty much forgotten having a different last name.  I am still the same me of always, but I am not like I was before at all, at the same time.  It's amazing how that can happen, isn't it?  It's not that being married is always easy, everyone knows that.  But, yet... it is really kind of strangely simple.  You start living as a family with someone, and before you know it, you have turned into a family.  I find that almost miraculous.  I know that I probably drive Juan crazy, and not in a good way ; ) and honestly, he is the best man around, but if ONLY he would -- well that's not going to happen, LOL!  It is what it is.  Marriage is a kind of madness.  You commit to someone (that you don't REALLY know yet), when you are way too young to know what in the world you are doing.  You make promises that you can hardly begin to know how hard they will be to keep, and you just decide, " I pick you to trust.  I pick you to be permanently loyal to.  I pick you to love through thick and thin (literally).  I pick you to make a life with.  I pick you to throw in my lot with."  It is madness.  The most amazing kind of madness.  Happy Anniversary, Juan.

No comments:

Post a Comment