Saturday, June 9, 2012

Allison's Tips and Tricks #2!

Book Page Embellishments

A little while ago I saw some butterflies made out of page books.  I am working on a strawberry picking layout and I decided this would be a good time to make some little strawberries. 
I will take you step by step on how to create your own one of a kind embellishments.


Step 1: Get out your acid free, water based, Dual Brush markers. Choose your colors, wet them down to the strength of color you'd like. Get a paint brush and get ready to paint!

Step 2: Get an old book you aren't going to read or hit up Goodwill and buy a 25cent book that you don't mind destroying. Draw on it the shape you are looking to make for your embellishment.  It could be a strawberry, star, heart, butterfly, flower, words, it can be anything your heart desires.


Step 3:  Paint in your design.



Step 4: Completed painted Strawberry.  **Note: be careful what you use for black ink.  As you can see my black ran a little with all the water.  However, I kinda like the smudged look.  :)  it's very watercolor-ie and I like it!




Step 5: Cut out your design.  I did 3 layers.  I wanted it to be as dimensional as I felt I could make it.  I only had one size of pop-dots if I had a thinner pop-dot I would have done 1st layer as a thin layer and 2nd would be a thicker pop-dot.

Step 6: Apply pop-dots.

Step 7: Cut out design and adhearn to your layout or card when ready.

I can't wait to get these on my page!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thank you! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was tons of fun! I'm going to do it again, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was tons of fun! I'm going to do it again, for sure!

    ReplyDelete