Friday, April 13, 2012

ZOMBIES and Inspriation!

Hi Everyone! I'm back to working on my 2010 scrapbook.  So far I have about 10 pages papers and ROUGH idea's for the pages sketched out.  I have finished two pages and half finished my title page. 

I have been a little slow to start this book for a few different reasons. 
1) I was busy quitting my office job and starting dog walking.  It's an unexpected change but necessary!  Why necessary?  Well so I have more time to scrapbook...duh! 

2)  Sassafras Lass closed down and will now only be designing paper so I've been staring at all my beautiful Sassafras Lass paper and products and trying to decide the perfect way to use all of it. Which leads me to..... 

3) a slight inspiration block.  I want to do all of these pages perfectly BUT, completing 20 odd pages just a few months ago has left me a little out of ideas.  

LUCKILY..... I received my


I'm hoping there will be some wonderful gems I can scrap lift from Creating Keepsakes to make this 2010 album awesome!  

Here is my first page, "Happy Easter" that I'm a little disappointed in myself in.  It's very generic.  I need to push myself a bit!  

Here I have used some beautiful Sassafras Lass paper and Jennie Bowlin Studios chipboard butterflies.  I inked the butterflies yellow and then inked the sides with blues and greens. I also used American Crafts thickers letters.  I LOVE these letters!  I think the font is so adorable!  I would use it on every page is make if I didn't think it would be too repetitive

Here is my second page.  "Zombie Apocalypse"! 
In 2010 we went to a Halloween Zombie party. It was so much fun!  Probably a little too much fun!

When I started this page I had a totally different idea as to what I was going to do.  I was going to use all this great Glitz Design paper from the Plum Crazy line. It looked very Halloween-y and matched perfectly. But, as I was looking at the photos I noticed a lot of red makeup and I had this beautiful red Bazzill Paper and it just seemed like it was calling to me. And I saw my popsicle sticks just sitting there.  So I decided to do a fairly simple layout.  Mostly paper cut in dramatic shapes and then make a bloody-not-so-white-picket fence.  I'm very happy with how this page turned out!

What have you been working on to inspire me!?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Allison!

    I love the "toothy" borders on your "Zombie" page! And, I love using craft sticks, an old school fav- but this fence has me thinking of a dozen twists and turns I can take on my projects! Thanks for inspiring us!

    If anyone sends Allison a tip that inspires her, and she ends up using it on a page- we'll post it on FB and send our crafty create-y neighbor a "ScrapbookingStory.com Thanks" gift!

    ReplyDelete