Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years Resolutions

When I turned 20, I decided to do "21 Things To Do Before Turning 21." It seemed like a good way to get some items off my Bucket List, and I thought it would be a nice way to get ready for life as, what the U.S. Government believes to be, a true adult. 

I was pretty successful in this task. I completed most of the goals, and was comfortable with the ones I couldn't complete. I decided to just roll them over to the next year. Since then, I've been trying to do this every year, instead of the usual resolutions.

My outlook on resolutions is that, for me, I never complete resolutions because they're things like lose a million pounds.  And, let's just be honest here, I LOATHE working out. So, for some reason, mentally having these goals/things to do just makes me accomplish more. (I love "to do" lists!)

Well, this year I think I've outdone myself...
I may have bitten off MUCH more than I can chew...
I may feel like a big loser at the end of 2012...
BUT
I'm going to try my hardest to accomplish my goals.

Here is part of my list of 27 items, sans the personal items----I don't think we know each other well enough to share that much, yet. Heck, you already know how old I am. How much more can I give you? My biggest fears and weight? I don't think so. :)
  1. Read a minimum of 10 books. 
  2. Pay off some debt!
  3. Write down things I'm thankful for weekly, if not daily. (Hmm...that would be a good  scrapbooking page!)
  4. Go to an NBA game.
  5. Do a snowy photo shoot.
  6. Save for my next tattoo.
  7. Visit Quebec City for our wedding anniversary.
  8. Complete my 2009 Scrapbook.
  9. Complete my 2010 Scrapbook.
  10. Complete my 2011 Scrapbook.
  11. Complete my Europe Scrapbook.
  12. Complete my niece's Brag Book.
Now, scrapbooking friends, you may notice I have 4 FULL scrapbooks on here, PLUS a brag book. You may be thinking I'm crazy.  Heck! I think I'm a bit crazy. 

How in the world am I going to COMPLETE 4 FULL SCRAPBOOKS???

Determination. Patience. Creativity. and many Crockpot Meals. And, lets not forget, no social life...unless you want to scrap with me!?! 

So, with the help of the beautiful products from ScrapbookingStory.com, I can and WILL accomplish these goals. 

Here is my loot of goodies from  scrapbookingstory.com! Can't wait to get started!!!

Look at all my awesome embellishments and materials! I got everything from Black Precision Pens, to Glimmer Mist, to Jennie Bowlin Studio Chipboard flags, and these adorable Sassafras Lass Blooms!
  

I am in love with all of this paper.  I almost want to just frame it and 
stare at the Sassafras Lass paper, because it's so pretty.
You've seen the goal.
You've seen my first shopping spree from ScrapbookingStory.com.
Now, stay tuned for my first page!

Do you have any paper crafting goals for 2012?

3 comments:

  1. Fantabuloso! I love it! OK. I'm inspired. My goals (in no particular order) include: 1)Finish Beth's wedding album. 2)Finish Annaka's baby shower book. 3)Create an Annaka baby album for Grandma Smith. 4)Finish 10 more pages of Kitty's book. 5)Make Juan a set of birthday cards, w/stamped and addressed envelopes, so that he has one ready for each member of his large family, whenever he needs it, and put it in a nice manly-man organizer. 6)Finish cross-stitching Annaka's sampler. 7)Start teaching classes again. 8)Re-set the back garden. 9)Use my tredmill 3x a week. 10)Finish clearing the basement. 11)Resume Family Game Night 12)Resume Date Night 13)Find a women's group I love. 14)Make my paper chandelier for Annaka's room. 15)Volunteer to teach at least a quarterly class at Shalom House. 16)Start on my Emmie project. 17)Finish Allison's Apple Lay-out. And...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! That all sounds amazing!
    I can't wait to see what you produce!
    Maybe we can scrap together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete