Thursday, January 5, 2012

The New Kid on the Block

Hey, Everyone!


My name is Allison. I am Joy's youngest daughter. My mom has passed on her love for paper crafting to me! I am no where near as talented as she is, but I do enjoy scrapbooking.  


I'd like to give myself credit for scrapbooking becoming a part of our lives. Many years ago, my mom was looking for a job and there was a little store in town that I'd see when I would walk to the movies with my friends. It looked interesting, like a whole new world of wonderful hobbies. We walked in, and mom got a job!


After that, she became an avid scrapbooker. Everyday she came home with little treats and new projects. Before we knew it, she was teaching classes and fell in love with the craft. Because my mom and I are so close, I naturally became interested. Then one year, when I came home from college on Christmas break, POW! there was an entire scrapbooking store in our spare bedroom. Thank goodness it wasn't my bedroom!


Her personal "store" was filled with many goodies I intended to borrow and never return. :)


Since then, I've been "borrowing" lots of product, and making lots of scrapbooking pages with my mom and her personal collection.  BUT now, as a married woman with a decent career, I've realized I need to purchase some of my items and scrapbook on my own.  That is why it is so great my mom opened Scrapbookingstory.com, because now I buy exclusively from her actual store and still do a bit of "borrowing" from Mom's personal collection.  


The New Kid is signing off! Stay tuned for my Extreme New Year's Resolution blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment