Thursday, January 12, 2012

Prep Week

Hello Scrapbooking friends! Allison reporting from the front lines of my couch.


After a crazy weekend of scrapbooking I realized that I'm out of photographs... at least I'm out of the photo's I want to use.  So, I had to figure out a way to be productive and not loose my steam without any pictures. 


Normally, I wouldn't be able to do this AT ALL.  When I scrapbook, I scrap for the photograph.  I match the paper with what compliments the people and pulls colors out of the photo that I want highlighted.  I'll match the paper and embellishments for the "mood" or "theme" I'm trying to evoke.  So, being without photos poses a problem for me. 


But, last night was Wednesday my week is ticking away.  I got out of work at 3:30.  I had free time so, I knew I had to get going because I have more pages to complete than I thought I had for 2009. 


I pulled out some scrap paper, pulled out my scrapbooking magazines for tips, and pulled all the creativity I could muster. 


Next, I started sketching and plotting out what each page should look like.  I got through about 6 or 7 pages.  Then decided to start choosing paper.  The three pages I completed getting together last night were "I pick you" ( apple picking pictures), "I remember..." ( a dedication to a dear friend who passed away in 2009), and "Wicked" ( a page about seeing the Broadway show Wicked).  I was able to cut most of the paper and get prepped for the pages.  


Tonight, I will either work on getting more pages put together or start stitching for these pages.  My new obsession is stitching....look forward to seeing MANY pages with stitching. 


I will also post pictures of my sketches and packages so you can get a better picture as to what I mean. 


Stay Tuned...
~Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment