Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Hello, Scrapbooking Friends! 

Allison here! I have been a busy bee this weekend.  I was able to complete 9 pages total!  I started one last night, and put the finishing touches on it this morning. Then, while Nic was watching football, I just kept scrappin' while alternating between Law and Order: SVU and 30 Rock for company.  :) 

Anyway, my first page is titled "Philip Island."  While I as in Australia, Nic and I tried to take as many weekend getaways as possible so I could see Victoria. In Melbourne, there is a place called Philip Island. I loved it there! It was very beautiful, relaxing, and cold! We went to the zoo, and got to see pretty much every single Australian animal ever---including wombats, and the penguin parade. The penguin parade is when these tiny little arctic penguins come onto shore every night.  It was awesome!

The photo below was taken at "the Nobbies". The Nobbies are these cliffs where the seals hang-out.  It's pretty cool, because you can see seals down by the rocks and are able to walk this lovely path through the cliffs (it make me think this is what Ireland would be like). 

Here is my page! I wanted to make it very serene and beautiful. I hope that came across. 
Here you can see that behind the photo is a journaling tab of our adventure! There you have it! This page has a Sassafras Lass chipboard journaling sticker and Sassafras Lass paper.

Up next, that's right, you guessed it!  "Yes" is my engagement page. Now, something you must know about me, and will realize over time, is that I pretty much like to use 2 colors: pink and blue.  Back up colors red, yellow, and green. I do not like to use brown. And, to add to that, I loathe the combination of PINK AND BROWN.  I don't know why...I just do. However, in this case, because of the colors in the photo, of the paper, and of the embellishments, I desperately wanted to use, brown and pink were the color answers to my problem. 

There you have it!  "Yes."  This page has a Daisy Bucket rub-on quote from Hope Floats, and a Sassafras Lass chipboard journaling sticker, Graphic 45 flowers, and Sassafras Lass paper.

Page three is titled, "3 Dayz in R.I." I loved so many of these pictures, but I didn't want to do a double layout. So, I had to make it work. I decided to skip any journaling and make this a self explanatory page. Pretty much, we spent 3 days in Rhode Island.  Providence is actually where Nic proposed to me.


I'm super excited about this page because, I did a technique that I've never done before...stitching! I used an electronic sewing machine to stitch together the 3 hearts you see in the bottom right hand corner.  The paper I used was Sassafras Lass trim.

Page four is called, "You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey." It's easy to see my meaning on this page. The photo is from another date Nic and I had in Australia. We took a lot of cute pictures that day, but I just love this one and the grey skies behind us. We went up to Mount Dandenong for lunch, and walked around the gardens. We took lots of silly pictures with over-sized chairs and bronze statues. It was a great day!


Again. I didn't do a lot of pictures or journaling on this page. I wanted the technique of negative space glimmer mist to show through.  I also used Jennie Bowlin Studio lettersCrate Paper paper and Sassafras Lass paper to cut out cloud shapes. 

Last, but not least, is page five. Nic grew up in a city called Chelsea, Australia. Chelsea is a small beach town. The water was about a 20-minute walk, if memory serves me right. Sometimes, on nice days, Nic and I would walk down to the beach for lunch and a stroll. I was there in Fall and Winter, so it was a bit too cold to swim. 

MANY of the beaches in Australia have boat sheds that are passed down through generations.They are worth a lot of money. Most of the sheds don't hold boats. They are actually like little houses for you to escape from the hot, summer sun. Australians live for fun, and in the summer they like to spend the whole day at the water. These sheds offer the comforts of home and the joy of the beach.  

For this page, I wanted to bring out the vivid colors of the boat sheds.  First thing I did was find a blue and yellow that would bring out the brightness of the shed directly behind us. I had this great Sassafras Lass paper and the two corners of the paper stood out to me. Instead of using strips, I wanted to change it up and I cut out the pieces I wanted.  Then, I used a small star punch and punched out some stars with some scraps of Crate Paper paper and Sassafras Lass paper 

I'm pretty happy with these pages. I think they evoke the emotions I'm trying to get across.

What are you goals, when you sit down to do a scrapbooking page?

3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These really inspire me! I love the little pearls on "YES." It's the little touches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joy!
    Steve, will be checking out your blog! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete