Saturday, January 7, 2012

Scrappin' Saturday

Hello, Everyone!

I love seeing that people are being inspired to be crafty!  I love crafts and hobbies!  

This morning I had a nice little sleep-in. Then, I woke up and got all my scrapbooking supplies together and organized! Now, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a super organized person.  I am messy---I admit it.


So, I had to spend a good 30 minutes going through everything and sorting it all out.  I haven't  scrapbooked since  August 2011, so all my stuff was a bit disheveled.  After organizing, I went through embellishments and papers and photos and picked out what inspired me. 

To let you know, in 2009 (where I'm starting my scrapbooking mission) I was in Australia for about six months. I lived there with Nic for a little while, after our wedding.  So, I'm going to be scrapping a lot of Australia. :)  

This first page isn't as good as it looked in my imagination, but when I don't scrapbook for a while it takes a few pages to get my creative juices flowing. 


On my "Bride to Be" page, I have a few pictures from my Bachelorette Party, or what Australians call Hen's Night. Originally, I planned to have more detail and embellishments, but I love this Crate Paper piece so much I wanted to show it off! 

This is a very simple page, but I like it. For my title, I used my Bride-to-Be crown that my mom and sister gave me when we celebrated in America.  Then, I used some awesome May Arts Ribbon (that I'm now out of and NEED more of) to frame the photos to give it a "photo strip" look.  Overall, I think it's cute and fun---just like my Hen's Night!

Penny wanted to be a part of the Scrapbooking. <3

The second page I finished today is of my first Australian Rules Football game. We had really great seats, and it was a fun night. AFL is a great sport. I actually enjoy watching this. Nic, my husband, played AFL, or footy, when he was a kid and in high school. Most of his friends are footballers too, so everyone in his group loves footy. 


On this page I tried a technique that I've never done before, and subsequently failed...haha. I tired leaving the negative space of the word "bombers" using Glimmer Mist. I think this didn't work, because of the background on the photo.  I thought it would be dark enough, but it turned out it wasn't. Next time, I'll try it on a solid. I also used come cork board paper, and tried to make it look a bit like the ticket is pinned to the board. Along with that, I used Glitz Design Paper, because the Bombers colors are red and black, and Graphic 45 Chipboard Buttons

Last but not least, in fact, this in my favorite of the day.  Page three!


This page is about Caulfield Cup. Caulfield Cup is one of the main horse races at the Spring Carnival in the Melbourne Horse Racing Tournament. This is a great day. Everyone in Melbourne gets dressed up in big hats, nice dresses, and nice suits. It's a pretty fun day. For me, all these pictures were taken at the beginning of the day before things went a bit sour, and I got in a fight with some of Nic's friends. Oh well! It must be my Hispanic temper that just couldn't contain itself any longer. Sorry guys!

In these pictures are myself, Nic, Tracey, Paul, Hannah, and Jacqui. I did not fight with any of them. :)

On this page I used some of my favorite items.  I'm going to list them off; Jennie Bowlin Studios Vellum ButterfliesSassafras Lass Sunshine PaperSassafras Lass Static PaperSassafras Lass Indie Girl BannerCrate Paper, and Sassafras Lass Burlap Alpha Stickers.  I am pretty much in love with this page! The only sad thing is, now I need to buy another set of those butterflies. I used my whole package, and I KNOW I'll want them in another page! 

All right friends, you've seen what I've completed today. It's only 7:30, so I may try to get one more done tonight, while Nic watches the football game. 

Stay tuned for---hopefully---what I complete tomorrow!

What ideas are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment